Fentanyl Patches Caused Young Mothers Death
November 8, 2010
Six years ago, 28-year-old Kerry Rupright was suffering from a painful spinal cord condition and was taken to an Illinois hospital for treatment, according to Fox Chicago. After receiving treatment, the mother of two was taken to the Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago, where she was given a Fentanyl patch for her pain.The attorney representing Ruprights husband and two children said that the patches made her lethargic and drowsy, which are signs of Fentanyl poisoning.”Its more powerful than morphine in killing pain in a patient, which is obviously its upside,” the lawyer told the news source. “Four to eight times more powerful.”The Fentanyl lawsuit alleges that healthcare professionals at the medical center just reduced Ruprights dosage of the painkiller instead of removing it from her completely. Four days later, Rupright died, according to the lawsuit.