Have a Safe 4th of July!!
July 3, 2007
- Always use common sense when handling fireworks and sparklers Use fireworks and sparklers only outdoors.
- Children should never play with or handle fireworks or sparklers, no matter how much they beg. From the 2005 figures, 500 of the injuries were to kids age 5 and younger; 2,900 of the injuries were to kids 15 years and younger.
- Obey local laws. If fireworks are not legal where you are, don’t use them. You can refer to www.fireworksafety.com to see what is legal in your state.
- Only use fireworks as intended. Don’t try to alter them or combine them. Never try to re-light a dud firework.
- Fireworks and alcohol do not mix. Have a designated “shooter.”
- Soak used fireworks and sparklers in water before throwing them away in the trash.