Property Damage – Garage Fire Due To Fireworks
July 14, 2011
Fireworks lit on construction materials are believed the cause of a garage fire in northwest suburban Algonquin, officials said.
Fire crews with the Algonquin-Lake in the Hills Fire Protection were called to the fire in the 9700 block of Arthur Road at about 10:30 p.m. Monday after neighbors spotted flames in the detached garage, officials said in a news release.
No injuries were reported.
Neighbors using garden hoses had put out much of the fire by the time firefighters arrived, officials said. Arriving firefighters put a mix of water and foam on smoldering construction materials to make sure the fire didn’t reignite.
Investigators on the scene later determined the cause of the fire to be from someone setting off fireworks from the construction materials.
Fire officials didn’t immediately have a damage estimate.